Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Put race/gender in legends log  (Read 447 times)

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Put race/gender in legends log
« on: July 15, 2008, 06:38:31 am »

Goblin civs are darn confusing in the legends log. Humans sometimes too.

When there are two armies of 'creatures' fighting, it's hard to tell what the heck is going on. I politely request that the legends screen list the subject's race and possibly gender after their name. Probably just the race for battles and stuff, the race and gender for the big historical figures list.

Would also make finding (semi)megabeasts on the historical figures list much much less of a hassle. Maybe Deity and Force as 'races' for the gods instead of what they are depicted as. They shouldn't need genders as that would depend on the depiction.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
Re: Put race/gender in legends log
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:12:05 am »

Seconded, thirded , and fourthed.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

max

• Bay Watcher
  • d/dx optimus=?
    • View Profile
Re: Put race/gender in legends log
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:17:27 am »

Agreed.

I even get lost as to whether its a goblin, dwarf, or any race for that matter. No, in fact it's a dwarven babysnatcher who's currently in an occupied elven retreat.  ???

Although I don't think the sex is important, I think color coding the races would be nice.

But that may be too much to ask for, in the mean time, how can one immediately recognize what's a "dwarven"-etc- name?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall