Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tunnel World Map Tiles Travelable  (Read 666 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tunnel World Map Tiles Travelable
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:00:22 pm »

Mountain tiles with tunnels in them should be [t]ravelable.  Currently to really use tunnels you have to travel around 12 world map tiles in game.  This seems a tad unreasonable.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:02:16 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnel World Map Tiles Travelable
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 11:36:20 pm »

They should also show up on the embark map for fortress mode, and be embarkable. The wagon can start inside the tunnel somewhere.

You can embark on them now (I think) but it's a nightmare to find them because they don't show up on the map and they twist and turn so much. You also need a square in a non-mountain tile to be able to embark which means unless they are right near the edge your fort area needs to be quite large (thus making lags).
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:19:48 am »

Got any tips for finding the tunnels in adventure mode?  They link to goblin fortresses and mountain halls, right?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 12:12:21 pm »

Yeah, I've never seen one in a dwarf fortress yet, but they appear as downward ramps in Goblin fortresses.  They go down a few Z-levels to a small tunnel which ends in a weird room with more ramps.  Going down those ramps leads you to the tunnel itself.
Shoes...

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:21:01 pm »

Yeah, I've never seen one in a dwarf fortress yet, but they appear as downward ramps in Goblin fortresses.  They go down a few Z-levels to a small tunnel which ends in a weird room with more ramps.  Going down those ramps leads you to the tunnel itself.

I've found a couple in dwarf mountain halls. Go down to the bottom level of the mountain halls. If there is a tunnel there will be a down staircase right next to the ramp to go up. It goes down several z-levels, usually branches off a little and then theres this spiral ramp which brings you down to the actual tunnel.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.