Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] Houses embedded in the hillside?  (Read 489 times)

AlexMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39b] Houses embedded in the hillside?
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:48:33 pm »

I'm not sure if to file this under a bug, but it certainly seems like very odd behavior to me...

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/00/0006d74f1a7ca67bff919256fe3d6cd35f472ef0.png

Houses are embedded in the ground.  You can walk on their ceilings, and you can access them by going to the down ramp shown in the screenshot, but shouldn't human houses at least follow the contour of the lands?

In the cases of a house being placed on a section of land that is on multiple levels, it could default to placing the 'floor' of the house on the highest section of ground and then fill in "underneath" the house with some sort of stone or masonry foundation where there was a gap  (Or maybe wooden 'stilt' supports?).  And of course, there would have to be a ramp or stairway for access if the door happened to be on the side of the house where it was a few stories up.

Either way, a house embedded in the ground, though not 'broken' (you can still access it) is still very odd looking...

EDIT: Looking back on this it seems like it might be considered more of a 'suggestion' than a bug.  My apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:50:47 pm by AlexMax »

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: [39b] Houses embedded in the hillside?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:32:16 pm »

That is a legit house. Read up a bit on your history.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39b] Houses embedded in the hillside?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 10:57:45 pm »

They're hobbits, living in houses built into the sides of hills!