Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't find sand bearing item (because you are holding it)  (Read 686 times)

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't find sand bearing item (because you are holding it)
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:53:31 pm »

I decided to go the 'efficent' route with making sand in my current fortress.  1 bad, 1 sand tile, and a magma glass furnace ontop of that sand tile.  "Yes!", I thought, "I can make green glass blocks even quicker!".  Well, not so it seems, as my dwarf can never find the sand bag that he's holding, so he always cancles the task to /r Green glass blocks, moving to /r fill sand bag, which is already full, because he's carring it.  It's a fairly minor bug, that I can solve by simply adding a second bag to my fortress.  I wish dwarfs would have some sort of local awareness.  :p.
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

Nazush Ebsas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find sand bearing item (because you are holding it)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:18:19 pm »

Might be semi solvable by only half forbidding containers involved in current tasks, like a get/give forbid, ofcourse, then you may end up with one dwarf following another dwarf who's carrying a container that he intends to xx, but moody dwarves manage ok.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Can't find sand bearing item (because you are holding it)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:20:22 am »

Do you have a save?  The first thing it does for any job is check the hauled item.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!