Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exponent's Dwarf Fortress Viewport Shifter: v1.0 Released  (Read 931 times)

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Exponent's Dwarf Fortress Viewport Shifter: v1.0 Released
« on: July 27, 2008, 02:46:19 pm »

The Wiki Page, with usage and installation instructions

This is a module for Gibbed's Dwarf Fortress Tweak utility that allows flexible movement of the game's viewport. It's primary purpose is to overcoming the limitation of the standard ten tile movement amount, allowing one to shift the viewport a single tile at a time. This will allow perfect centering of the view on any feature of the fortress. For convenience, the hotkeys are also available for interaction. Aside from being able to move the viewport to a hotkey's stored location and being able to set a hotkey's location to the current view, one can also reset a hotkey to it's default unassigned state. Finally, viewport rectangle and cursor location coordinates are also provided at the bottom of the window.

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
Re: Exponent's Dwarf Fortress Viewport Shifter: v1.0 Released
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:48:54 pm »

Nice.  Will the modded hotkeys work even with the program off?
Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exponent's Dwarf Fortress Viewport Shifter: v1.0 Released
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:52:53 pm »

Nice.  Will the modded hotkeys work even with the program off?
Yes.  The hotkey buttons in my program just read/write Dwarf Fortress's stored x,y,z settings.  The primary reason I added them to the program was because I wanted to first navigate to the nicely centered view and then save the location, and I found that switching back to Dwarf Fortress in order to hit (h), F#, (z) was slightly annoying.  I wanted instead to just be able click a button and be done with it.  Additionally, I liked the idea of being able to reset the hotkey locations to their default unassigned state.