Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (39a) Non-glitch + Surviving impossible injuries?  (Read 744 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(39a) Non-glitch + Surviving impossible injuries?
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:50:06 pm »

Edit: Mistakes made, Only beings that can't reproduce have "One one of its kind" no matter how many of them exist... I assume that it isn't a glitch... So ignore this post unless you believe that is a glitch in it of itself.

Edit 2: Alright I found a REAL glitch let me write it down

Edit 3: DANG it wasn't a real glitch...

Alright since I can't image host... Ill just have to explain it...

Every single creature in my Historical figures list, excluding gods, have the phrase:
"He/She/It was the only one of his/her/its kind"

Note: I didn't check all 10,000

These were my seeds
[SEED:2769067299]
[HISTORY_SEED:124891496]

It was a standard world not a custom one

Some things also stick out... namely it says my end year is 1050 yet generation ended at year 200... However I can only guess that is because of "[BEAST_END_YEAR:200:80]" which means generation ends at minimum year 200... though what the "80" is for is beyond me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:22:16 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (39a) Non-glitch + Surviving impossible injuries
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:14:21 pm »

Edit: DAMN Alright... just shoot me... because this map not be a glitch afterall... "Ripped" I thought was "Ripped off" but I believe it could just refer to injured... Sorry again... I am a horrible person

Edit 2: Hmm according to this the Hydra's head was torn off during history... Were Hydras fixed so they can survive having heads lopped off? I heard only one had to come off to kill them

Edit 3: I seem to have a dragon... who has the magical ability to get whole civilisations to worship him rather easily. Probably not a glitch but this seems like a bit much... his name is: Lusnub Stuzlusnub Slusa Slakha "Lusnub Ivoryflares the Luxuries of Flame"... Check it out you will often see a few pages being filled with "Recieve the worship" messages

Alright I found a REAL glitch now... or rather a glitch that cannot be confused with anything but a glitch

So I was looking through the history of Rane Cobimusnow Nupashzotho "Rane Jewellurid the Gnarled Power" who was a Hydra who lasted a very long time in world generation...

At one point, Year 20, she found an enemy named "Mato Seducestunt" where she managed to rip off his head and right upper arm only for him to excape.

He is obviously a Goblin (or someone taken by Goblins) but I can't find him in history... Ill keep looking and report back... However I don't believe even Zombies and Skeletons can survive that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:33:03 pm by Neonivek »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: (39a) Non-glitch + Surviving impossible injuries?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:22:33 pm »

So...  is this latest edit, with the Mato goblin that lost a head, in the seed you posted?  Did I read that write?  A goblin got their head torn off and survived?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:32:04 pm »

I did a ton of edits based on misunderstanding information given to me by the game basically just ignore everything... (Since you can't delete topics...)

His head was just "ripped" which I thought meant torn off in exact words it is written as:
"Mato Seducestunts's head was ripped by Rane  Jewellurid the Gnarled Power."

The Hydra's head wasn't torn off... only a part on the head was torn off. So that was a mistake

So I appologise for wasting your time

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:38:14 pm »

Hydras have multiple heads anyhow.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:40:37 pm »

According to the Wiki Shadowlord Hydras die when any of their heads fall off... could be outdated information however