Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Animals  (Read 1554 times)

J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dead Animals
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:38:06 am »

I'm just wondering if there is a way to remove deceased animals/creatures from the unit list?  I'm just asking because I find it annoying and I'm wondering if it might speed the game up.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: Dead Animals
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:42:13 am »

Nope, though I believe it's been suggested.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 07:28:08 pm »

Yeah, I've seen it suggested before, and it's a good idea I believe. Early in the game it's fun to be able to see what's deceased but not too far into the game I find it a pain when scrolling through the list. For instance, I want to view the invaders currently in the area. I'll have to either scroll past 100+ dwarves + pets and merchants (can't remember if wildlife comes before or after invaders) or scroll backwards past all the deceased units.

Both ways are a pain once you get into the 3rd or 4th year with a large-ish population and heaps of dead dwarves/animals/goblins.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 11:18:44 pm »

Is it possible to go and delete the creature data from data>save>region?  I'm asking because it has at least 247 units for my current region and I'm only in year two and I know I don't have enough dwarfs and animals to make up that many files.  The only reason I can't do this is I don't know which file is a dead animal and which one is alive.  The problem I could see with this is what happens to the bones/fat/other items made from the dead animal/creature.

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:02:01 am »

This is something that needs looking into. My most recent fort had a fish filled river which froze over my first winter. Well I'm glad it got rid of the fish, but it meant about six pages of dead fish from the word go. There is a remove creature option on the units list, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?