Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothing  (Read 1013 times)

adamantyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tilting at Windmills
Clothing
« on: July 10, 2008, 03:43:33 pm »

So another question for the vets here...

How important is clothing in the game? I don't want my dwarves walking around in tattered rags, but I'm curious how the best way to distribute clothing is. I'm not particularly keen on the idea of crafting every small piece (socks, tunic, etc) and then having to individually instruct the dwarves to put something on... do they just pick up clothing automatically when their old stuff wears out or what?

I suppose the other question would be when to start worrying about clothing... I haven't played much beyond 3-4 game years, so maybe it's only an issue when your dwarven economy kicks off?

Adamantyr
The learned fool writes his nonsense in better languages than the unlearned; but still it is nonsense. - Poor Richard's Almanac

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 03:55:44 pm »

Firstly, economy is soul-crushing. I'll leave it at that.

Secondly, clothes are good to prevent too many bad thoughts. You probably don't need to worry about it until you have about 50 guys, though... before that, it'd interrupt the important tasks too much.

It should kick in around when you're making armour.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:27:04 pm »

Clothing is bugged, and due to this associated bad thoughts from running around in rags have been removed.

Suffice to say, dwarves don't mind running around in rags or even naked when these rags finally fall off them.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday