Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarfs amok!  (Read 646 times)

The Chemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarfs amok!
« on: July 09, 2008, 07:45:22 pm »

So i'm trying to build a base all out of wood above ground, and it's going fine until winter. so the dwarf carravan comes and goes, but it gets stuck right before it leaves, maybe it got stranded by the magma man it killed, but when the horse goes berserk and destroys the wagon, leaving everything to be taken by my dwarves i start getting this error message saying they can't finish becuase they're interrupted by other dwarves, now half my base is immobilized and i keep getting this error message, even after forbidding everything remotely close to the caravan, now one of my carpenters died and i'm getting really pissed off.

what's happening?

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: dwarfs amok!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:12:07 pm »

It happens, I had a similar problem with a bucket and pond everyone just HAD to fill. The only problem, there was no pond. Sorry I can't help, but you can turn off announcements.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

The Chemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 08:19:27 pm »

But they won't do anything else! i've got 5 dwarves left and they're either jobless or trying to get an item which will then be claimed by the many jobless.

does anyone know what causes this? because my fortress seems a waste at this point, i might scrap and try to start over, but i do not want this happen ever again.

:edit: and now carpentry jobs are being interupted by non-carpenters, this is a fortress ending bug unless i can figure out how to mitigate.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:24:54 pm by The Chemist »

The Chemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:50:36 pm »

the basic functions, such as eating, drinking and sleeping can no longer be completed, they're too busy interrupting each other.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:57:25 pm »

Maybe you should put this as a bug report.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:57 am »

Trapping caravans makes them go beserk; your dwarves will see other dwarves killing the beserk ones, and then they see that Dwarf as an enemy, and hit him. Soon, all the dwarves are brawling to the death, and some get scared of eachother and run around trying to get items but they are interrupted by fights.

Remember; losing is fun!