Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting with Plate  (Read 847 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Starting with Plate
« on: July 05, 2008, 04:54:55 pm »

Is there a way to make a human adventurer start with plate armor?  I'm looking in the raws, but don't see anything.

Also, if I can do it, will it require a new worldgen?  I've kind of fallen in love with this current world, it has such a rich history.  I'm at like 1070 or something, and I've made some great accomplishments here.
Shoes...

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starting with Plate
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:00:22 am »

Entity file

Delete Chainmail and all Clothes from the Human.
If it's not making them wear platemail, they're naked (and brainfreeze on glacier, hii!)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:46:55 am »

It won't help. They will wear platemail if they have the skill for it. NPCs will wear any armor at random though.

To make an adventurer wear plate armor, you have to either give him mad armor skill at startup, or lower the armorlevel of the plate armor. The lower the armor level, the less the game thinks is required for it. If that does not work, then it's either hardcoded, or weight-dependent.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 11:04:30 am »

If you remove all the other clothes then you will get a naked crossbow or bow user.

You need to go into the armor files and change the armor levels of plate, this will have a pretty big affect on what normal people will wear (I've seen cave spider silk plate mail, since it was the same level as normal clothing).

And yes you will need to regenerate a world for these edits to take affect.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 11:08:11 am »

Oh well, I can handle chainmail.  It only takes three or four GCS-silk items to buy exceptional plate anyway.
Shoes...