Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trophies to commemorate battles  (Read 970 times)

Anu Necunoscut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trophies to commemorate battles
« on: July 10, 2008, 03:17:34 pm »

Especially since the army arc is the current focus, I'd like to see the ability for building monuments or trophies to commemorate victory in battle.  Rather than add too many extraneous elements, this could just be a modification on a placed statue--some order could be given from the "q" menu for engravers to make the statue a trophy.  The statue would take on the form of images or events of the battle when viewed with "v," and statistics could be recorded on its base.  Naturally only a spawning of "invaders" or megabeasts would allow this (not just isolated critter fights), and it would go hand in hand with my desire for unique names to be generated for major battles.  A cute little epigram and an account of the combatants slain on both sides would be awesome.

edit:  Bronze Collosi are almost perfect for this.  :-D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:27:14 pm by Anu Necunoscut »

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trophies to commemorate battles
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 05:48:08 pm »

I think the various 'treat statues like engravings' threads cover this in significant detail.  It's still a great idea though

Anu Necunoscut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trophies to commemorate battles
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:22:44 pm »

I knew I should have waded through some more of the "statue" search results.  :-P  Sorry if this is a redundant thread!  I'm fine with letting it die or removing it if that's the case.