Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broken world or broken adamantine weapons?  (Read 1093 times)

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Broken world or broken adamantine weapons?
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:28:25 pm »

So, I've been having a recurring issue with playing on a particular world. It's the one from my recent posts, with the superior adamantine items.

The first time I got them, it took my three or four tries before I could save with the adamantine items. I would get the items, go to save the game, and then it would crash during the save. (The first save screen, not the offloading bit).

I finally got them through repeated saving, right before and right after picking up each item.

I go and slaughter dozens of people. I die to a demon.

I start creating other adventurers to try and get the items back, failing each time (and creating some legendary generic goblins).

I eventually go to Fortress mode and try to take over the entire tower. Upon using the "Quick-play" option, the game crashed again. I try the same thing again and it doesn't. I savescum out, satisfied that the items have not vanished into a glitchy ether.

I go back to adventurer mode. I succeed and get some of the items back without dying. I quick travel away to save... and the game crashes, in the same spot during saving as before, again with no explanation (clicking debug didn't do anything).

I think something about the items I pick up or drop must be breaking the save system. (Mostly dropping generic starting items and picking up well-worked adamantine items)

On another note, quickplaying (Start Playing Now!) as a human in adventurer mode started me naked, without any skills, next to my abandoned dwarven fortress, in this same world. I can't understand that either.

Maybe the entire world is glitchy?
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Broken world or broken adamantine weapons?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:30:13 pm »

So, I've been having a recurring issue with playing on a particular world. It's the one from my recent posts, with the superior adamantine items.

It might help to link to one of these recent posts, especially if the world/items are modded. You could also try uploading the save somewhere so others could try it out and see if it crashes for them as well.

On another note, quickplaying (Start Playing Now!) as a human in adventurer mode started me naked, without any skills, next to my abandoned dwarven fortress, in this same world. I can't understand that either.

Maybe the entire world is glitchy?

This is normal behavior, at least in regards to this bug :)
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »

Uploaded the world to http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=266, along with description - no mods, small random world, no modified raws, merely modified init, some heal-hurt tweak usage, and some regional prospector.

Please, someone let me know if they experience any crashes. I certainly hope that it's not my system getting revenge on me for the tweaking I do.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 04:38:41 pm »

This is a lame bump because I went through the bug reports page, and I think this might be an instance of bug 000758 popping up - Today couldn't reproduce it, and neither can I: It's not a continuous failure.

The only difference is that these were items from an abandoned fort... I suppose they might have been owned at one time, which could make it count as theft.