Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: E3 '08  (Read 2862 times)

J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
E3 '08
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:08:17 pm »

So is anyone watching it?  If you don't know what the Electronic Entertainment Expo is then you need to stay in more and start playing console games.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: E3 '08
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:12:40 pm »

I'll only watch it if Bungie announces Halo 4: Electric Boogaloo, and even then it'll only be to dream about killing them.
Shoes...

J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 01:18:09 pm »

Well there are some cool games and features being announced.  One feature that is just a copy is that the xbox 360 is getting avatars... I wonder where they got that idea for a game system?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 01:23:05 pm »

yeah, im watching it. mainly for the RTS's, endwar halo wars and DoW 2. Their trailer was very good.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 02:10:19 pm »

I just don't care about anything anymore. At least where games are concerned. I wait a year or two after a game comes out to buy it anyway. That way I'm not an early adopter of the software, or the hardware I need to run it, and so it's much cheaper. And I'm busy playing all the fully-patched, fully reviewed by many credible sources, packed with user community content games that came out two years ago. So I'm enjoying playing a better game than you played, cheaper than you bought it for, on a gaming rig that you need to fully enjoy it. And I never end up buying shitware.

Didn't they say E3 was going to be discontinued? Too expensive or something.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 02:22:29 pm »

Didn't they say E3 was going to be discontinued? Too expensive or something.

with massive press announcements from microsoft sony and nintendo? naw. Meh, your logics a bit weird with games. I like waiting for new games even though im never going to buy them. Just because i can and its fun to see what developers have come up with.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 02:24:42 pm »

I'd only care if microsoft announces that Bethesda has canceled Fallout 3.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 03:39:13 pm »

So it isn't just me thinking that game looked depressingly disappointing?

They should have made a 3D tactical game out of it if they wanted to update the graphics. Like those tile-based games like Vandal Hearts and FF Tactics, or UFO X-COM. But with fully 3D environments and movement based on distance rather than squares hopped.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 05:06:53 pm »

hmm, i like the MAG, good solid name Massive Action Game. Which to be honest, is quite a fresh thing in todays subtle M. Night Shyamalana(sic) ding dong world.

Edit, fixed his name.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 05:27:02 pm by Nilocy »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 05:17:58 pm »

Shyamalan, actually.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 10:10:20 pm »

I'd only care if microsoft announces that Bethesda has canceled Fallout 3.
Finally someone not from the Codex who hasn't fallen to the hype...
Most people I meet are really happy about this rape of franchise.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 12:25:59 am »

To me they're doing Fallout 3 wrong... (What do you mean I can't join the Brotherhood of Steel?!) But admittedly it could be much worse.

But let's not derail this to a topic about Fallout 3.

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 10:40:36 am »

Seems like Fallout 3 and Bethesda aren't very popular around here. Shows the intellectual value of DF. I personally have tracked the tragedy of Fallout and Troika closely myself. Quite frustrating I'd say. Troika should have made Fallout 3, not some mainstream idiocy department of a fat cat company.

As to E3, I find it to be a mindless hype event. I've never payed much attention to it. I've learned not go with the hype. I even let most games fly below the radar and I attend to them after they've been out a few days. The pre-release mindfsck seems like just playing into the commercial propaganda, as it isn't useful in any relevant way anyway. It isn't like developers take fanbase opinions into count anymore. They're only doing what satisfies the owners and publishers and makes money. Bah...