Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh my....  (Read 1330 times)

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
Oh my....
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:39:02 pm »

I think I just encountered the Goblin equivalent of FPS Doug... My mayor was shot through the head. Through a fortification by an elite marksgoblin 14 squares away from the fortification. I am stunned. He's alive, red head wound no left eye, but he took down a couple of axegoblins when he regained consciousness. Anyone else been shot through a fortification? or just my mayor?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my....
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:46:19 pm »

It happens.  Depends on the skill and distance of the person doing the shooting.  IE anyone can shoot through fortifications when standing next to them, whereas farther and farther away the less likely the lower skilled guys will make the hit (and as you get farther it takes more and more skill to always make the shot until even legendaries have trouble).

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 02:24:33 am »

IIRC, Elite Marksmen make no skill roll when shooting through fortifications. Or something like that anyway.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:31:56 am by WingDing »

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 02:59:23 am »

Awesome!

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:01:23 am »

Draco is right, the closer you get the easier it is to shoot though, although they can be shot through both ways. This is why your marksdwarves dont get nailed when hiding behind fortifications when bowelves are shooting at them.

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 03:08:30 am »

Draco is right, the closer you get the easier it is to shoot though, although they can be shot through both ways. This is why your marksdwarves dont get nailed when hiding behind fortifications when bowelves are shooting at them.

Aye, I was just stunned by the 14 square distance thing. He's still alive actually, 2 seasons later, still a red wounded head though. *shrug*

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 11:12:14 am »

He'll be there for a while. Yellow spine wound in my fortress has been recuperating for so long, he's down to one tattered sock and one tattered shoe.

Kalimar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 11:19:01 am »

He'll be there for a while. Yellow spine wound in my fortress has been recuperating for so long, he's down to one tattered sock and one tattered shoe.

As with nervous tissue IRL, they won't heal if it's damage to the spine.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 12:53:22 pm »

I'm not saying its innacurate, I'm saying it's a pest.
Wait, red head wound? I read it as a red brain wound. Sorry about that.
What happens to meetings with liaisons when you're mayors recuperating? My guess? Madness and death.

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 05:04:50 pm »

What happens to meetings with liaisons when you're mayors recuperating? My guess? Madness and death.

Liason was someone else apparently, I ended up abandoning, fps just got killed in the end, 'twas unbearable.