Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal children are counted as dwarf children?  (Read 587 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Animal children are counted as dwarf children?
« on: July 01, 2008, 06:07:38 pm »

I searched through the reported bugs and didn't see this one posted, so if it's there, I apologize.  In my current fort I have several married dwarves, as well as a male-female pair of both gorillas and bonobos.  Since the gorillas and bonobos started having offspring, my married dwarves have stopped producing children, and killing the animals off solved the problem.  I think the baby/child cap is counting the offspring of humanoids (ie. gorillas and bonobos, possibly other monkey/ape types) towards the cap.  If this is the case, I'm pretty sure it's a bug.  Perhaps an easy fix might be naming the animal offspring something different?  Like, baby gorilla, or young gorilla, or something along those lines?  Anyway, thought I'd mention it.  :)
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Animal children are counted as dwarf children?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 08:19:07 pm »

It's only checking the dwarves when it looks at the baby cap, though there was a bug with the baby cap in general, I think, if you set it to zero at least (which probably doesn't apply here).  Not sure what's going on.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!