Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Please implement logging of events (and maybe content help)  (Read 633 times)

Glutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello,

Im pretty new to the game. But Im missing one thing. It is logging of the events that happend in my fortress. Due to the size of the fortress / numbers of dwarwes / symbolic graphic - it is really easy to miss something important. At least for me. Then I see my walls covered with blood and I have no idea why. Somebody went insane and then bleeds to dead... I dont know why. There is dead creature in my storage area - I have no idea who bring it and where he get it :-(
So if dwarves are doing something, i would like to see logs for these actions. name of the person, action taken. Maybe his thoughts about it. And hiddne parameter - location.

Then it would be very nice to have a ability to filter these logs by name of the person or better - by the area. So it will check these hidden location part of the entries - and show me what happended in the storage (so I can see who bring that goblin there for eaxmple)

2) I suppose the game should become a little more user friendly. It is confusing at the begginging. It becomes worst with all these nolbles / workshops / military etc.
I dont wat change the graphic. It is great and other than ASCI would ruin the atmosphere. I wat thinking about replacing the right "map" part of the window with the content help. Showing info about curentyl selected building / skill / object / ... So during listing in the bulid menu I can see what this building can produce, what skill it requires etc....
But I know that implementing of this part would be very boooring. So I dont expect it in near future :-(

But - thanks for on of the greatest games

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Please implement logging of events (and maybe content help)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 01:46:15 pm »

It's unofficial, but this does that.
It makes things like "x stabs y in the head with z" announcements. If your army's big enough, it spams you with training messages, but it makes it easier to see violence.
Other than that, there's pausing a lot and checking the fighters wounds. You should see a message (Urist interrupts x, interrupted by hostile), then just zoom in on them and watch.
Also, while it's a goal to make it easier to play, for now there's the wiki. Hope you're internet's ubiquitous.