Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vanishing lever  (Read 381 times)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vanishing lever
« on: June 28, 2008, 09:36:17 am »

Pretty much what the topic says

I was making a drain chamber for a reservoir that claimed an aspiring diver's life - he was in the military and I wanted to reclaim his gear, and him if possible (too late - he dehydrated to death while floating in potable water)

Anyway that's neither here nor there. The point is I build a floodgate to block this new chamber, then I build a lever connecting to it...everything's fine...I open the floodgate to let dwarves grab some odd gems I found in there...finally everything's ready to go but just as I'm ready to shut the floodgate, I find the lever is not there.

A bunch of nobles just arrived - baron, hammerer, tax collector - and my dungeon master just "changed the price of goods" (making me wish I'd t hought to lock him in the soon-to-be-flooded-chamber, but oh well). Could any of these be responsible? Was the lever suddenly too expensive and the dwarves decided to repo it?

Any input welcome

I originally posted this in Gameplay questions because I somehow assumed there was a logical in-game reason for it, but someone raised the possibility of a bug too. Anyone?
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanishing lever
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 12:53:37 pm »

I think this is the one time a nobles not to blame. Price changes effect things that can be sold in shops and the rents of rooms (i think), whereas a lever is a piece of fortress furniture which nobody owns.
The only non-bug explanation I can think is that you accidentally got a bit fat-fingered and pressed x(remove building) at the wrong time.
Do you suddenly have two more mechanisms than you did before? If not, I don't know what to tell you.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 08:39:10 am by Skizelo »

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanishing lever
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 11:34:49 pm »

I'm 98% sure I didn't accidentally move the lever.

Anyway, there you have it.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus