Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Godfenced  (Read 865 times)

Weev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Godfenced
« on: August 16, 2008, 06:48:26 pm »

So, I just figured out adventure mode after a few months of playing in Dwarf mode.  and one of my first fortresses, named Nomanstuth, or  Godfenced, became a favorite travel spot for my adventurers to pick up the litter around the fortress.  Mind you, AROUND. Not in.  Along the way, I found that more and more I traveled there, the more and more lag I got.  Finally, I decided to take a maceman, and his loyal speardwarf companion to invistigate the fort itself.  Godfenced itself was a simple design.  A small fort protected it's entrance, and inside was what was a once prosperous outpost.  The adventurer I guided never saw the inside. Instead, his companion was the first to fall, simply by shear numbers, antmen had swarmed out of the gates to kill my adventurer.
  Seeing a challenge, rather then a danger, I sent hero after hero at the gates of the shadowy fortress, but after three macemen, a swordself, and a speardwarf all fell before I could even peek inside, I decided to pull out all the stops.  Finally, I created what was to be the most famed adventurer I've ever seen.  87 kills, a titan, and two colossus later, Cogith Rossuoti made her way to the menace that was Godfenced.
    As she approached the gates, out screamed the antmen, the ratmen, and vermin of all sizes, to stay her mace, and keep the secrets of the fort.  Doomed they all were, when the macedwarf cleaved her way through those pesks, their blood covering her body from head to foot.  She smiled in triumph as she finally reached her destination. The gates of Godfenced.  This was the last the world heard of the mighty hero, as even she herself, disappeared into the depths of Godfenced, never to be heard of again.  The King himself, upon hearing that such a dark place had claimed even the mightiest of heros, challenged the dark fortress, sending his best to reclaim the fort.

The battle for Godfenced
Eighty dwarves assembled in front of Godfenced on the 11th of Granite, in the year of 212.  They peered out to the fort that stood before them, the forces of darkness already crowding around the gates, with mighty yells, the dwarves fell upon the fort with a vengence, battleing their way through the fort, and on to the fortress proper, killing many a foe.  At the mouth of the fortress, The Tapered Fences found the first great evil that had made it's lair in the fortress's mouth, A giant cave spider, unnamed, and fierce, the hammerdwarves that had reached it first, suffered it's wrath.  Only when two or three more squads of dwarves arrived to hack at the foe, did it finally fall.  Pushing in, ambush after ambush, fight after fight, the dwarves finally cleared out the economic wings of the fortress. 
    However, this was only the begining of the battle.  Out of the tunnels they streamed, troglodytes, giant rats, Giant cave Swallows, batmen, antmen, ratmen, and all the rest of the lesser evils came streaming out of the mines, the dwarves felt despair as their numbers shrank, little by little, dwarf by dwarf.  The marksdwarves let out a shout, as they spotted the greater evils that drove these numberless monsters. "Ringugo! Custithuvard! Kegethsethel and Midorgankath!"  Six giant spiders, known throughout the name for the evils they had commited, rushed out of the darkness at the dwarves, slaughtering many.  The, a hero was born, A slayer came forth in the form of a axedwarf named Rakust Dabblerpaints, Slaying the legendary Ringugo with a swing of her axe, the axedwarf lifted her fellows hearts, and on the battle raged, finally, the last of the monsters were put to rout, and the remaining dwarves, filled with anguish and hatred, took after them, their wits gone to the darkness, and only hate remained.

The remaining sane dwarves, sick of the slaughter, left Godfenced, unwilling to even try to bring life back to the fortress.  It sits now, abandoned, it's riches untouched.  Although some do say, that if you dare to get close enough to the gates, you can here the fight still rage, deep, deep in it's unchecked mines.

(Aftermath total:  Dwarves - 55 dead,
                         Evil       -  9 giant cave spiders dead, 6 of which were named, 2 were legendary,  and 15 pages of minor evils, ratmen, antmen, and the like.
                          Most of the dwarves who survived went besrerk and threw tantrums.)

Oddly enough I find it weird that Dwarves currently cannot attain godhood.

the_taken

• Bay Watcher
  • Oooooooh... shiny...
    • View Profile
Re: Godfenced
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:04:22 pm »

Epic Battle was Epic.

Save?
Totally Unrelated, Shameless Self Promotion: Battles of the Star Angels and Space Devils

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 10:40:46 pm »

ok NOW you can bring in an adventurer to loot...

Weev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:28:24 am »

I did. All the unnamed people respawned.  Including two giant cave spiders, and evidently, a few more named goons.
Oddly enough I find it weird that Dwarves currently cannot attain godhood.