Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Selective Removal  (Read 1087 times)

Anonemoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Selective Removal
« on: June 22, 2008, 01:20:18 am »

Would it be at all possible to say, remove all layers of stone from the matgloss_stone_layer save for Marble and Obsidian only to come up with a newly generated world that only has Obsidian and Marble as it's stone layers?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Selective Removal
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 01:28:26 am »

Why don't you try?

You might have to leave one layer of soil though, but otherwise I don't think anything prohibits that.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Anonemoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 01:31:49 am »

I believe that's in another Matgloss all togther, but hey, what the hell, I'll give it the old college try.

Anonemoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 01:41:33 am »

Well there has been a small measure of sucess. Around areas with magma, the only stone layers that it consists of is Obsidian and Marble. Progress! However, all other places have multiple layers of sand numbering up to four-six layers, and even brooks being listed as layers. Perhaps changing a few notes about Obsidian, such as metamorphic and magma, will increase it's availability.

EDIT: Thinking of just making multiple copies of Obsidian with the only real change being the exclusion of [LAVA] and some other form of rock layer. Odd, though, how Brooks are being listed up to three times as stone layers.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:43:58 am by Anonemoose »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 01:52:56 am »

I think it has to do with world generation recognizing how well water runs through sand or something.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 07:46:05 am »

I think it's aquifers. :)

And the game will always look for soil to place, so I don't know what will happen if you remove all soil type layers. You might get a sandless world, or you might get a crash. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India