Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaim Issues  (Read 530 times)

Cryten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaim Issues
« on: June 15, 2008, 09:58:26 am »

Gday

I want to do a partial reclaim, ie I want to access the lower portions of the map I abandoned last game to avoid slowdown. I want acess to the volcano there as well as it had water trees and a volcano and I didnt cheat to find it.

My computer was having issues with the extream elevation s of the original site.

Here my problem I cant embark in a selection including my old holdings. If I enter reclaim mode it wants me to reclaim and play the whole site. Does anyone know a solution to this?

or some way to destroy the reclamation zone so I can start again?

Any help is welcome.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaim Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 11:45:40 am »

To my knowledge you can only ever reclaim the same site that you initially chose. But try this: embark to any site in your world, and then export an image (hit Escape -> export images). Along with the image, a text file will be generated that has the parameters you used to make the world. Now do Design World With Parameters and input the exact same parameters, and you'll get the same world out again, but with no forts on it.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels