Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Generic "Post your suggestions that you aren't really sure about" thread.  (Read 2908 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

I was thinking: what about concrete and adobe/clay?
If you think about it, concrete would be pretty dang useful, you could fill in a pond with no need for magma or cave-ins. concrete probably would be created from: small bits of rock and pulverized rock. both made either at the mason's workshop, or maybe a new, powered building.(Grinder?) It would also require lye in its production, giving lye a newfound use.(Look it up if you don't know)But, the problem would be figuring out how too use it. Would it act like a liquid? Would a dwarf mix it with water then pour it in with a bucket? Would it be a thing designated via build?

Adobe and clay a rather straightforward.

Hmm...I'd say that the task to make concrete powder would be kind of like the "Collect Sand" task. Then, as long as you had bags of concrete around, it would just show up as a potential building material like everything else.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish you could specify mass orders, like:
Steel sword x 10
Iron helm x 10

that sort of thing, instead of having to have great long lists.

Ever tried using the manager screen?
I think he means in the workshop job queues, so you could have 'Make pigtail sock x3 R' in a list instead of 'Make pigtail sock R' three times. Useful if you want queued jobs in specific workshops, too.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.
Pages: 1 2 [3]