Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Another game of TACTICUS  (Read 11120 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another game of TACTICUS
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Istrian:
<STRONG>Dwarfaholic : It's reversal, remember ? So you actually lose points for killing stuff instead of gaining them.

Jamini : Still reversal. So Stanly the Plaid is tantrumming and Jack A. T. can play normally. However Jack A.T. is still sacrificed.

I order my chasm critters NOT TO attack Asheron's civ.

*NOT rolls a dice*

Looks like they are all pink commies. Therefore they all duplicate and become mines.</STRONG>

Actually, under the rule of reversal he would be *not* sacrificed. My statement earlier was a clarification of the current effects (and thus immune to reversal under the "Superman turns back time" ruling by the Pantshelm council that has been included in the official ruleset since v0.25.55.10). Stanly was not once mentioned in your original turn so thus he is not tantruming.

By the time deceleration clause of "Random Big Red Button" (where it is stated that missiles that are caused to deviate by any circumstance other than that of a pushed button take an extra turn to take effect.) I must point out that while we are under the reversal field the missiles hit their targets *NOW*

I am NOT rolling the dice for the random deviation because nobody has done so yet.

*NOT rolling dice*
Results:
*18*

It appears my rolls hit every target but the power source in the trans-dimensional matrix. I always was unlucky.

As we are still under reversal, the missiles hit the power source. Immediately ceasing the portal effect.Also immediately annihilating the whole playing area and it's contents.

As multiplying the explosion by infinity is dividing by zero and the net effect of the explosion destroys the blue moon, and the turtle I am able to activate my power as arbiter to reverse one statement. Which is, of course, my previous statement that the whole playing area has been annihilated (or rather, will be by the blast).

Now, on the Paradox tables in appendix J I believe I just gained twelve points and a free action from that arbitration. I choose to use my action to shift the entire field and all of it's contents (including my skeletons and their building) to ground level relative to the original top of the magma vent on the first map. Unfortunately, this entombs my skeletons (and most of the rest of the creatures) however they as do not suffocate I do not need to worry about their survival.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »

Wait, wait, wait. I thought I made it clear that the area inside the portal is still normal space and not reversed space. Thereofre if missiles do not hit the power source, they don't hit the power source.

Since Jamini's post was a blatant misunderstanding of playin field arrangements, his previous actions are invalidated after the missile explosion.

EDIT : And I get an additional lawyer whom I sacrifice for no other purpose than sacrificing him/her/it.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>Wait, wait, wait. I thought I made it clear that the area inside the portal is still normal space and not reversed space. Thereofre if missiles do not hit the power source, they don't hit the power source.

Since Jamini's post was a blatant misunderstanding of playin field arrangements, his previous actions are invalidated after the missile explosion.

EDIT : And I get an additional lawyer whom I sacrifice for no other purpose than sacrificing him/her/it.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]</STRONG>

Targeting was done in the reversal field space though. Thusly the reversal took effect before the missiles passed though into normal space and once targeted they cannot be forced away from their flight path via "Inevitable Demise of all Portals" rule in section 0.143.22

Under the False Accusation clause your lawyer turns coat before you sacrifice him and sues you. Unless he is killed before the next turn I also will gain the employ of eleven plus three law ninjas next turn. If he is killed I gain twenty sue points.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »

My apologies but when the missiles were in reversed space they targeted something that was *NOT* the generator. If they had kept travelling in reversed space they would have *NOT* hit the generator (therefore destroying it). As they switched back to normal space they would not have hit the generator (and this was a normal not not a reversed not).

So the generator and the portal are still intact. Your resorting to the False Accusation clause is non valid. My lawyer is sacrificed.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

The reversal was in the targeting though. They were forced to target something that was *NOT* the generator (meaning they target the generator) and then the intolerably went toward their target even though the barrier of the portal. You didn't double-check the targeting order rules in the Nuclear Warhead section of the handbook.

Also, had the the missiles not hit the reversal field would still be effecting us. Meaning that you would have just stated that the generator and portal are no longer attack My resorting to the False Accusation clause is valid. And that your lawyer is not sacrificed (duplicated). Leading to a paradox statement. As paradoxes are considered infinite (and thus something divided by zero) I gain a second reversal in my office as arbiter to be used in three turns.

Edit: and by the Paradox destruction rule. All paradoxes cause every entity involved in the paradox to cease to exist. Thus my statement was correct and the reversal portal is gone.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

i choose not to take an extra turn.

i still have a few turns left to not wait.

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

My reversal portal was a brilliant move, wasn't it?
I sacrifice everything to regain a view over the field.
I start with the Beyond Quality Gambit. My three legendary bonecrafters each claim a workshop and start churning out useless masterpieces.
I move the elephant herd next to them, and by the 'Useless movement rule' in the Movement and Blocking Encyclopedia, I can set them on defense mode, giving me an additional goblin snatcher each turn.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Styrre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »

I'm pretty impressed nobody tried a Bulgarian Oktoberfest or its Bavarian variant yet - especially the Bavarian, it's a pretty strong move. Before the reversal obliterated all standard tactics, of course. Great game!

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Styrre ]

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Styrre ]

The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush! Naught's an obstacle, naught's an angle to the iron way!

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »

Hmmm. I guess you win this time. I reverse my coat, which is a completely useless move which makes me also look like a fool since my coat is non-reversible.

I invoke April Fool's Rule and place a fool in the arbiter's office. The fool's looks prevent the arbiter from taking any action within his office.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »

Since the reversal portal is finally gone, I can finally use the infamous kitten mitten gambit.  Since there has been a catsplosion, and I have butcher, tanner, and leatherworker workshops, I am able to butcher all kittens available and turn them into mittens.  According to rule 215, all dwarves, koblods, and in fact, everyone and everything besides elves, want these mittens.  Therefore, all game objects except Duke 2.0's elf-dwarves are moved into the mitten storage vault.  This includes my Urist.

Since the kitttens who were slaughtered belong to the elf-dwarves, they tantrum, proceeding to kill one another, and break all buildings.  Unfortunately, this destroys my workshops.

To counter the possibility of lawyers, I hire Jonnie Cochran with the proceeds from selling my mittens, which according to the Legal Laws paragraph 19, grants me the Chewbacca Defense.  This eliminates all lawsuits and penalties placed against me.

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

This is getting very disappointing...

I send a skeletal harpy to preside over proceedings in worship of the cheesecake god, Leanonlacts, in the masterwork temple. In addition, I send two rabid eels upriver, where they faithfully hump statues of Armok.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2008, 03:39:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>Dwarfaholic : It's reversal, remember ? So you actually lose points for killing stuff instead of gaining them.

Jamini : Still reversal. So Stanly the Plaid is tantrumming and Jack A. T. can play normally. However Jack A.T. is still sacrificed.

I order my chasm critters NOT TO attack Asheron's civ.

*NOT rolls a dice*

Looks like they are all pink commies. Therefore they all duplicate and become mines.

I am now the owner of many mines which detonate within your civ, destroying your research facilities and killing 99% of your people, except the leaders who were hiding in their command bunkers.</STRONG>

You forget, I cancelled the reversal, so that I got enough points to cancel the reversal. Duh. Haven't you read the "Future moves" ruleset?

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2008, 05:39:00 am »

Yeah but we were under reversal at that time so it wouldn't have been a future move but a past move. Since it didn't happen in the past it is considered a paradox and therefore discarded.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

i allow the reversal to continue.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Languidiir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://tcombat.b1.jcink.com
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »

I move my baroness + baron into a nearby magma flow, creating !!Baroness!! and !!Baron!!. I then hastily construct a catapult out of marshmallows [using the Ironback addendum 24 for economic materials] and toss the flaming baroness + baron into someone nearby.
A young man said, "Damn,
It is borne upon me that I am
   A creature that moves
   In predestinate grooves
Not even a bus, but a tram."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]