Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Exciting Adventures of Id  (Read 1677 times)

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
The Exciting Adventures of Id
« on: July 11, 2008, 12:42:12 pm »

This is my first attempt at making a realistic, journel style recording of a particular Adventurer in the DF world I'm using right now.  A few other adventurers and a few fortresses should provide enough interesting back story for him to wander around with.  It's a work in progress, and I'm not exactly a spelling ace, but I hope you enjoy it for what it is.

Id Cogakrul
6th Granite, Nightfall
I record here my tales as I see them, in an attempt to thwart death, as is the dream of all dwarves in their labours, I suppose.  For death, you see, in near at hand, as I creep across this dry plateau in the Nocam Bathru, or Teeth of Shoving.  Small patches of red sand glimmering like flowing blood in the sunset and it reminds me that each step I take brings me closer to a maniac beast.  A Minotaur, or Man-Bull, scorge of Nishlaltur, has choosen this platau as his homestead, and I have taken it apon myself to convince him to move.  Light is fading now, and I must move on.

7th Granite
The journey into that cave on Nocam Bathru was a hard-fought one.  The beast had trained roughly a dozen moledogs to act as guards and though they where easily dispatched, through shear numbers they wore away at my armour and bit at my flesh.  I was in hard shape indeed when I finally met the beast, exhausted from crawling through the seemingly endless Red Sand caves and bleeding from countless cuts.  That I dispatched it so easily was shocking even to me. 
It charged, I dodged and brought my mace down into it's side.  It let out a great bellow and fell to the cave floor, gushing blood and shattered bone from it's wounds.  It's head, however, was suprisingly hardy.
Today I have gone down into the huge complex of Nishlaltur in search of someone to inform, and I have found into deserted.  I have descended 9 levels of dusty, hollow halls, no furniture, no animals, no sign of Dwarven life at all.  Perhaps I was too late in slaying the beast.
I will have to spread word of this to other Halls

10th Granite, Noon
The scorching Bostu Uxzo hills have proven challenging as I try to make my to the nearest Hall.  Each time I find a suitable path I encounter yet another big cat of some kind; a pair of lions, a jaguar and a cheetah.  I am loath to harm these beautiful beasts, but in my reluctance I'm afraid I've wandered into a portion of the hills I'm unfamiliar with.  I'm lost, I guess, would be another way to put it.  The heat shine and terrain makes it impossible to get my barings, so I'm just going to head South West until I reach something familiar.

16th Granite, Evening
Having just slain a beautiful Cheetah, I haven't the heart the carry on tonight, so we will make camp in the Jeha Atho desert, at the base of a long, careful slope run red with blood.  I have made two companions at the last town I passed through; a human encampment called "Atekconu", or "Buttoncloisters" as my new friends have informed me.  We met when I wandered into the great hall there, where I met the mayor discussing something in heated tones with the two men.  Hearing the word "Minatour" I cleared my throat to announce my presence and the trio nearly jumped out of their chairs.  I explained that I had easily dispatched another Minotaur not a fortnight prior, and would be willing to aid them if I could.  The mayor, a fat little man with rosy cheeks and a toothless smile, shock my hand like a maniac and introduced me to Owba and Wuspin. Neither were armed, nor armoured, but something in their eyes told me I didn't need to worry about that.  Having gotten to know them in the Abefensast cave where the beast had set up, I now realise they practice some human equivalent to wrestling, and that they are both experts.  The cave was in the foothills of the Aromemuth range, and was half-flooded from a slow waterfall nearby.  Evil looking creatures, I think they may have been Kobolds raced from the enterance as soon as we approached, and we had to battle our we in through several gangs of them.  Finally, when we reached the beast, it seemed it had been wounded earlier, and we realised that perhaps THOSE creatures had been there to do the job we had taken apon ourselves.  It was maybe even out of pity that we finished it off; it seemed wrong, such a ordinarily powerful beast brought low then left to die.  I crushed it's skull with all of my might.
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
Re: The Exciting Adventures of Id
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:05 pm »

Win!  :D  I'll be reading...