Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass warfare  (Read 560 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mass warfare
« on: February 12, 2008, 10:51:00 pm »

So, I just found out about adding LIKES_SITE and TOLERATES_SITE to creatures to make them send people into towns, and I thought of something, but I'm not sure if it would work.

Is it possible to add many violent races to the game (basically, like 20 goblin races that hate eachother) and make them all want to move into human towns? If I make many similar races, will the amount of immigrants send to human towns mutliply?

I have always wanted to make a "quickstart" mode where you join the game in a human town, and goblins are running around and killing eachother.

The main question I have is how can I make many similar races, each making their own city/fort etc?

Sorry if I am being vague, it's hard to describe my questions and goals at the moment.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Mass warfare
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

You should only need to create a few copies of the goblin civ, rename each one to something like EVIL1, EVIL2, ect.  And divide the total population and placed civs by the number of gobbo entities.(unless you work closely with a NASA supercomputer)

I think they the enemy thing makes them aggressive to everything, even other evils.  I haven't tested that though, so might not wanna count on it.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

Thanks, I'll try that again (I tried that last time and it didn't work, but you mentioned something I do't think I did).
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

ENEMY acts as a side, all ENEMY civs are allied with other ENEMY civs. NUISANCE civs are the same way. They are enemies with both other civs but not to other NUISANCE civs. Eventually there will be some kind of entity definition of which allies are which but until then...

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

quote:
(unless you work closely with a NASA supercomputer)

if i had one, i would play DF on it ^^
huge local areas, 500 pop cap for your fort! *drools*

een failing lately?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by gurra_geban:
<STRONG>

if i had one, i would play DF on it ^^
huge local areas, 500 pop cap for your fort! *drools*</STRONG>

more like 50,000 dwarves. Or Crysis on medium settings.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>

more like 50,000 dwarves. Or Crysis on medium settings.</STRONG>

Hahahahaha.  Yeah, true that.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 10:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hague:
<STRONG>ENEMY acts as a side, all ENEMY civs are allied with other ENEMY civs. NUISANCE civs are the same way. They are enemies with both other civs but not to other NUISANCE civs. Eventually there will be some kind of entity definition of which allies are which but until then...</STRONG>

It's a shame we can't assign arbitrary groupings yet (unlike ammo classes).  That would be all sorts of awesome.