Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Limiting domesticated creatures by civ?  (Read 718 times)

nocker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Limiting domesticated creatures by civ?
« on: January 01, 2015, 01:30:51 pm »

Is it possible to make civs having different groups of domestic animals? I know about using GOOD and EVIL animals as a similar concept, but I'd like something more detailed than that. For example, having bears starting domesticated by dwarves, but savage for the other races.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting domesticated creatures by civ?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:01:19 pm »

There's a dfhack plug-in used by masterwork to give civs access to specific animals and can even add the animals as minions so they're used the same way goblins use trolls rather than how elves use tigers or whatever. Aside from that you might be able to make civs have a narrow range of potential environment locations, and tame wild animals they find the way elves do (not sure exactly how to do that) then make it so the animals you want the civil to have access to always show up in the same place the civ settles in. However I've seen from experience that this won't allow you to embark with the animal. Many of the times I've played masterwork and the dwarves domesticated crimson brutes or something, but I've never been able to embark with them.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 02:04:43 pm »

Outside surgical DFHack intervention on a per-world basis, there really isn't a way to directly dictate who tames what.

If a civilization settles an area that has a population of creatures with PET and other working animal tokens, they'll domesticate them. USE_GOOD_ANIMALS and USE_EVIL_ANIMALS are required to tame such creatures, if they even settle those areas. Civs with USE_CAVE_ANIMALS get to look inside the first cavern layer of the areas they settle. Creatures with PET_EXOTIC are only domesticated by civilizations with USE_ANY_PET_RACE (like elves) or player-controlled sites.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:17:08 am »

Check masterworks hack/script folder and look for AddPetToCiv.lua. Open it with a texteditor and at the bottom you will find the controls.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::