Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More babies, faster? Is this possible?  (Read 558 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More babies, faster? Is this possible?
« on: February 10, 2008, 03:37:00 am »

I'm sorry that I have asked this in my old mod thread, but few people answered, and I have a few more questions.

I am trying to make dwarves multiply as fast as possible.
So I have this in my dwarf code.

[CHILD:0][BABY:0][LITTERSIZE:100:200]

Will this make dwarves be born as adults? Will those dwarves have children of their own?

Also, is there ANY way AT ALL to encourage dwarves to have babies earlier and more often, so I'm not waiting around until one married couple have kids?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

[ February 10, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: More babies, faster? Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:39:00 am »

I dont think there's any way for dwarves to just have babies without being married first.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 03:43:00 am »

Well that screws up that plan.

Is there anyway to encourage marriage?

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 03:44:00 am »

Not as far as I can tell, it's unmodable.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 03:47:00 am »

Ah well. Thanks for letting me know.

But will [CHILD:0] make dwarves be born as adults? Or should I just delete that?
Or is there any way to make a smelter reaction that will make dwarves?

I have been snooping around old forum posts, and from what I have read you can only create vermin from smelters, since they are from the pet token name or something.

Anybody know of any way around this? If I can just clone my own dwarves, I'll be all set.

Or is there any way to make a vermin turn into a dwarf, or something along those lines?

[ February 10, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]