Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invasion condition  (Read 633 times)

Nico

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Invasion condition
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »

My computer is rather slow when i reach about 70 dwarfs ( even with tips to improve speed ). And as far as i know, invasion only begin with 80.

I want to set the max number of dwarf to 70 ( already done ) but i want to be attacked sometime, even if it will be very difficult.

Is there a way to change the value of 80 to be attacked ?

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion condition
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 04:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
<STRONG>And as far as i know, invasion only begin with 80.</STRONG>

Do they really? The wiki says they do, but I'm having a hard time believing it. I think I had a besieged fort with a population of below 50, too bad I deleted the save by now.
iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 03:47:00 pm »

i got invaded when i still had my original seven

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »

I don't think that population has anything to do with it. I think it's based on either a specific year (mine are almost always 1055...actually, come to think about it, always) and I've usually got around 500k wealth. No one can tell you the mechanics of it though, nor is there any way to change the conditions of an invasion.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:14:00 am »

It won't matter in four releases, as stated in dev_next.  I wouldn't worry too much about the details for the moment.  Current seige system is purely placeholder.  They may go for size, or wealth, or whatever now, but soon they'll be at your door because you worship the wrong god, or the same god but interpret verse 37 slightly differently.  They'll siege you for insults, or to please the ruler's spouse, or simply for conquest.  And it will happen when it will happen, not when you want it to happen.  The army might come by the day you unload your cart, or after you send the severed head of the elf diplomat back to their nancypants druid king.

So, yeah.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:24:00 am »

Toady has stated that you need 80 dwarves to be sieged. Im not sure it matter if you reach 80 and then lost 70, but it's 80 to get them.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 08:58:00 pm »

No, Toady said the exact requirements for kobold thieves, gobbo thieves, gobbo sieges, and kobold raiding parties somewhere. They were created wealth or population. I remember that the kobold thieves began at 10 dwarves or 5000 wealth. Not sure about the rest. I think the goblin thieves were 10x that and the sieges 100x the kobold thieve numbers. Which would mean... 1000 dwarves? I'm wrong, I just can't figure out where that darn post is.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>No,</STRONG>

Excuse you?

quote:
Humans and elves will come some time after they are angry enough at you.

Kobolds will start sending thieves once your pop hits 20 or you've traded a bit (value 500) or you've produced a bit more (value 5000). If they successfully steal objects, they'll come back with more thieves, and if they continue to be successful, they'll bring (buggy) archers. The power of the next attack is based only on how many objects were stolen during the last raid. They'll start sending archers if three or more objects are stolen. Assuming all the dice rolls go completely against you, and ten or more objects are stolen in the previous raid, they can send as many as 17 thieves and 36 archers, but this is incredibly unlikely. If the stolen object number is five or more, they'll start sending important historical figures.

Goblins start sending kidnappers when your population has hit 50 or you have traded a bit or produced a bit more (5x the kobold numbers). Once your population hits 80, they'll start to send more serious attacks instead of kidnappers on occasion. The numbers sent during the serious attacks depend only on how many attacks you've been through. If they have mounts or monsters, they'll start using them on the second attack, with multiple monster packs on the third. Important historical figures also come with the third attack, but master weapon users can come on the second. Important kidnappers come on the second kidnapping attempt.

All of this will be obsolete once I get the armies working properly on the world map, though there will still have to be some artificial mechanism in place to stop early forts from being wiped out.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.