Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chainsaws  (Read 635 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Chainsaws
« on: December 27, 2007, 02:29:00 am »

It's late, and I can't be buggered right now to search through the forums to see if this has been brought up before, but has anyone thought of making chainsaws for DF?

Just make a new weapon, give it the "GORE" damage type, set the damage very high, make it use axe skill or something, make the process for building one require a couple mechanisms and maybe a chunk of coal for fuel, and slap on whatever metal tag anvils use so you don't end up with -Copper Chainsaws-.

I've been thinking recently of how one would go about turning DF into a sort of Fallout/Mad Max post-apocalyptic wasteland game.  This is dangerous, as I have virtually no modding experience and don't know what I'm doing.

I dunno, I just think having a chainsaw-wielding dwarf charging through the halls of a fortress, shredding goblins to bits on the way and bellowing like a madman is too good of an idea to resist.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Chainsaws
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 02:41:00 am »

code:
 [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CHAINSAW]
[NAME:chainsaw:chainsaws]
[DAMAGE:1000:GORE]
[WEIGHT:30]
[SKILL:AXE]
[TWO_HANDED:6]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:6]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:9]
[CRIT_BOOST:10]

Just a note, gore wouldnt be very effective if you're trying to make a chainsaw, because it causes huge pain but not alot of real injury. I suggest using SLASH.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 02:56:00 am »

Hmm... can things do more then one type of damage?
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 03:14:00 am »

No, not as far as I can tell from the raws.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 04:51:00 am »

Slash is all well and fine, but gore gives death messages like "It is torn into ribbons!"  "It has been ripped to shreds!" and other interesting stuff.

I just wanted to spark the idea for others, get it out there.  Thanks for the code though.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »

And with the axe skill, it would be used to chop down trees too...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 06:43:00 pm »

Would it now?  I hadn't thought of that...   Cool.