Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leather output in a reaction?  (Read 630 times)

Zereth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Leather output in a reaction?
« on: February 05, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

I was trying to add a "make leather bag from thin air" reaction to go with my other thin-air reactions, and I _thought_ I had it right, but the cloud of boiling leather which spewed forth as soon as the job was done, killing my metalsmith. (and then the rest of my fort when I set them all to furnace operating and set another bag job on repeat, giggling as they died one after the other.)

Here's the line in question:

code:
[PRODUCT:100:30:BOX:NO_SUBTYPE:LEATHER :DONKEY]

I _think_ that should produce leather bags, as the stockpile category is "boxes and bags", and other items change name depending on what they're made out of (adamantine wafers, glass portals/terrariums, chairs vs thrones, etc), but I'm not sure.

What should I put in there to get ACTUAL leather?

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Zereth ]

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Re: Leather output in a reaction?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

You're doing it right, the problem is that donkey leather boils at the temperature of the smelter. Change the donkey's raw so that it's leather boiling temperature is much higher.

Zereth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:24:00 pm »

... then why is it making my guys FREEZE to death? And, uh, how do I do that?

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Zereth ]

Spiders Everywhere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:34:00 pm »

Items created in reactions that would normally have temperature values end up using 0 for all values. So they boil into freezing clouds of doom. I'd be interested to see if anyone has a way around this other than turning temperature off.

Zereth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 06:48:00 pm »

Well crap. That explains why the fire imp leather bags I just tried to make did the same thing. Maybe I should instead try making pig tails or rope reeds and making cloth and THEN bags. Since making straight leather would probably result in the same thing.