Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beds  (Read 1099 times)

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beds
« on: February 02, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »

Nothing in the forum search turned this up, grepping for ''bed'' and ''BED'' turned up nothing relevant in the /raw/object files, and there's no "item details" under the bed article on the wiki.

Where's the details for this located? I'm wanting to try and make some different bed materials possible.

Fenrir

Re: Beds
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 10:07:00 pm »

I don't think bed modding is possible at this point. Modding is rather limited at present.

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »

Alas! My desert sietch may have to wait. I need a way to get by without wooden beds, and some way to turn corpses into water. I'd read some pretty interesting item mods, but I guess it'll be a little bit before all the classes are opened up.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »

You could use the smelter to make beds out of any material.  Just use the bed tag in the smelter for example

code:

[REACTION:STAR_RUBY_BED]
[NAME:Make Star Ruby Bed]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:RUBY_STAR]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:RUBY_STAR]

That would make beds that were made of star rubies.  Granted it would take a LONG time to make a reaction for every case but you could do it eventually.  And if you don't like just straight stone add in a cloth reagent to make padding from say pig tail cloth.  Only problem is that it won't show the additional value from the cloth if its say giant spider cloth.

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 07:17:00 pm »

Alternately, you could make "logs" out of any material and use them to build beds or whatever else.

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 11:50:00 pm »

Huh, cool, I'll give those a shot then. I've been wanting both stone bedframes and floor bedrolls (depending on the fort/area), so this'll give me something to play around with. Thanks!