Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Tantrum Out?  (Read 1081 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding Tantrum Out?
« on: January 03, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »

Is it possible to mod a game so the dwarves do not Tantrum when a masterwork is destroyed? If it can be made item specific, can dwarves not Tantrum when masterwork engravings, supports, floors, walls, ammo, and general architeture and single use items are used?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Tantrum Out?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »

Well you could add the [NOEMOTION] tag to dwarves. I think thats the one that stops all thoughts both positive and negative removing tantrums and unhappiness from the game. Its either that or [NOTHOUGHT].
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 11:28:00 pm »

Oh, and also, before I forget: Is it possible to use a previous save game if I do that, or I would have to start everything from scratch?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Felius:
<STRONG>Oh, and also, before I forget: Is it possible to use a previous save game if I do that, or I would have to start everything from scratch?</STRONG>

Adding tags does not require a world remake.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »

Check the memory hacking/cheat pages on the wiki.  Somewhere along the line (maybe check the old 2D version archive?) I asked someone for the address of the art defacement malus.

If you have to, grab a string (say the first 8-16 bytes) from the old version at that address then try to find a match for that string in the new one.  That should give you correct location in the new one.

Oh, and be aware that the value is reversed (little Endian, is it?), so the magic number should start as 18 FC FF FF for -1000 (assuming Toady hasn't adjusted the penalty recently -- didn't notice it in the dev log myself but I could've overlooked it).  I haven't done it recently, but back in 33a & 33b I had it set to -50 (CE FF FF FF).  Much more reasonable that way.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Earthquake Damage:
<STRONG>Check the memory hacking/cheat pages on the wiki.  Somewhere along the line (maybe check the old 2D version archive?) I asked someone for the address of the art defacement malus.

Oh, and be aware that the value is reversed (little Endian, is it?), so the magic number should start as 18 FC FF FF for -1000 (assuming Toady hasn't adjusted the penalty recently -- didn't notice it in the dev log myself but I could've overlooked it).  I haven't done it recently, but back in 33a & 33b I had it set to -50 (CE FF FF FF).  Much more reasonable that way.</STRONG>

Yup.  I find the (memory) address for each new version.  They can be found on the version-specific subpages off the Memory hacking page.  To find the offset in the exe file, subtract 0x400000 from the listed address.  You will, of course, have to be somewhat conversant with the art of hex editing.