Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Personality modding question  (Read 1065 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Personality modding question
« on: November 14, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »

Woot, a modding place, thanks Toady. ☺

Anyway, I have two different modded races.  Both plains types (though If I could find some way to make one ocean that would be great. But it seems unlikely.) and there pretty much unchanged from my previous versions.  Both draconic, one for land and one for oceans and the now re-envisioned permaflooded forts.  

Now Ive had both these races banging around in my head for the longest time (they've made appearances in NWN and Rpgmaker2000) so I have their personalities pretty well determined...

My hold up is, I can't figure out for the life of me the meanings of those spiffy little numbers after the tags.  Does anyone know what they do yet?  Or at least have educated guesses?  It's driving me crazy.   :p

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Personality modding question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »

This is untested, just conclusions from looking at the standard creatures:

format; [PERSONALITY:PersonalityTrait:min:medium:max]

An example is; [PERSONALITY:ACTIVITY_LEVEL:0:40:100]

List of personality traits:
ANXIETY
ANGER
DEPRESSION
SELF_CONSCIOUSNESS
IMMODERATION
VULNERABILITY
FRIENDLINESS
GREGARIOUSNESS
ASSERTIVENESS
ACTIVITY_LEVEL
EXCITEMENT_SEEKING
CHEERFULNESS
IMAGINATION
ARTISTIC_INTEREST
EMOTIONALITY
ADVENTUROUSNESS
INTELLECTUAL_CURIOSITY
LIBERALISM
TRUST
STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS
ALTRUISM
COOPERATION
MODESTY
SYMPATHY
SELF_EFFICACY
ORDERLINESS
DUTIFULNESS
ACHIEVEMENT_STRIVING
SELF_DISCIPLINE
CAUTIOUSNESS

Personality is determined individually for every individual creature, there is a 50% chance that it generates a random number between min- and medium, and a 50% between medium- and max.
Racily the default for all personality traits is [PERSONALITY:PERTRAIT:0:50:100]
I do not know if a personality trait can be set to more than 100 or less than 0.
Changing these tags do not require regeneration of the world, however existing creatures will keep their individual personality even if the raws are changed, completely new creatures will be generated using the new personalities,  

I sound like I knew what I was talking abaut but I really don't.
This information has been assumed using 20% looking in the raws, 30% how I would have done if I were Toady, 50% knowing the way DF treats creatures and raws, and 0% actual scientific experimentation.

////////////////////////////////////////

Wow, this turned out so good it should pe included in the wiki, but I dont have an account or know how to do, anyone whit wiki-editing skills please include this. Pretty please???

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 04:49:00 pm »

Wow thats amazingly detailed. If I knew how to mess with wikis I would for ya.  

Thank you very much for the detailed answer Armok, you are a very kind god.  Most of the others are all "Oh can't interfere... Abuse of power... What would Lloth say..."

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 04:17:00 am »

Yea, I know.   :D

Edit: Really, it's mostly made-up numbers and guesses, but it's good rules of thumb.

[ November 15, 2007: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

UltimaPhantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 09:23:00 am »

Done by copypaste-method. I did add it there, it's now http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Personality_modding
A HREF="http://techommando.blogspot.com/">http://techommando.blogspot.com/

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 11:04:00 am »

Hmmm... Maybe it should be wikified a bit, for example removing "I sound like I knew what I was talking abaut but I really don't" from the middleof the text  :)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...