Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cloth reaction...  (Read 686 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Cloth reaction...
« on: May 27, 2008, 07:06:00 pm »

So I need a reaction to fabricate both plant fiber and silk thread because I've modded in a special rare stone that's supposed to contain small amounts of thread..  I call it "clothernium" and I need the PRODUCT lines.  I have the REAGENT line and everything already, just can't for the life of me figure out the PRODUCT:lines...  Any of you ☼Modder☼s out there able to help?
Here's what I have so far:
code:
[REACTION:THREADSANDMORE]
[NAME:make threads from clothernium]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:5:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:CLOTHERNIUM]
[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE?:?:PIG_TAIL?]
[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE?:?:?]
[FUEL]

I am utterly at a loss as to what needs to go where the ?'s are.  I  put in my guesses but I doubt they're right.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Cloth reaction...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

You don't need to create a reaction at the smelter; just give the rock the thread tag (check the wiki for details on that) and then process it out. I've been intending to test out mineral cloths for a while.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:53:00 am »

I think the tag's THREAD_METAL and applies only to metals (it actually takes a metal ID as an argument). And you need a forge to make anything out of the cloth.

For the product, you can use "PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT:PIG_TAIL", but I doubt referencing an animal as a thread source is possible. I'll look into it.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>I think the tag's THREAD_METAL and applies only to metals (it actually takes a metal ID as an argument). And you need a forge to make anything out of the cloth.

For the product, you can use "PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT:PIG_TAIL", but I doubt referencing an animal as a thread source is possible. I'll look into it.</STRONG>

As far as I see, yes, that's for metal thread IE Adamantine.
EDIT: And as I detailed in first post, I'm needing specifically plant fiber thread and silk thread which metal thread is not.

...How is that referencing an animal?  (Yes, I realize it was a simple mistake when you were typing the post)

I'll try that, see it it works...
What about silk?

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: jaybud4 ]

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries