Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pet Tag on Civ_Controllable race  (Read 909 times)

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pet Tag on Civ_Controllable race
« on: May 23, 2008, 11:37:00 pm »

Does the pet tag on a Civ_controllable race cause you to be unable to specify the labor of that particular creature? Because I've created a new civilization with a pet tag and where labor should be I get the assign animal to be butchered or not that is normally shown on the tame animals in a regular fortress.
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Pet Tag on Civ_Controllable race
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 12:24:00 am »

Sounds like it. I think you can use Dwarf Companion, but for an in-game solution, nope, unless you remove the tag.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:48:00 am »

A psuedo-similar question: if I have an [INTELLIGENT] race, but one that isn't CIV_CONTROLLABLE, will taming them allow me to give them labours? Is there any way to do this? Essentially, I have Pygmy Wild Dwarves, and I want to know if I can 'civilise' them into proper Dwarven behaviour by taming them.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 10:06:00 am »

I'll post this here as it seems relevant. A bug report of my MA mod revealed that, supposedly, PET_EXOTIC creatures can easily be used in fort mode, but only until the dungeon master arrives. At which point they all become pets, and their labor screen turns off.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India