Author Topic: TQQ  (Read 1082 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
TQQ
« on: April 06, 2008, 05:10:00 am »

"Two Quick Questions"

One:  Do the [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] tags require a new world if applied to a creature that previously did not have them?

Two:  Should this have gone in the questions subforum instead of modding?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: TQQ
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:39:00 am »

It depends on what you are doing.  There are some minor effects that happen during world gen.

(L=CAN_LEARN,S=CAN_SPEAK)

USE_GOOD/EVIL_ANIMALS won't use L creatures for pets, and the lists are generated and stored during world gen.  L is also used during finalizing skill values for hist figs it generates (non-L can't have skills), so you'd lose that if it comes up.

With S, the entity creatures that weren't named because they lack S will still be missing names.  A lack of S will also affect diplomacy in the new version.

--

This could be in either forum, it doesn't matter so much.  Modders would probably be more interested in the answer though, so this one is probably best.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 05:46:00 am »

I'm trying to get an elf to talk to and recruit wolves and bears.  It would also be nice if they could become more powerful from fighting, hence [CAN_LEARN].

I just want to know if this will break world compatibility.  I've got an adventurer I'd like to keep in one folder, and I want to know if I have to make a new install/unzip/copy/whatever you call it in order to get my elven beastmaster without obliterating the other adventurer.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 08:28:00 am »

Speaking of which. How about a "can speak with wildlife" token? Sentient animals would have that, and the tag (I propose [CAN_SPEAK_WILD]) would mean that the creature can speak with any creature that has the same tag. So, elves would be able to speak with wildlife, and animals could speak to each other, but humans and other races wouldn't be able to speak to them.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 08:37:00 am »

Cow:  Moo.

Large rat: Squeek!

Gorilla:  BRRAAAAP! (just gas)

Carp:  Glup.

And so the downfall of the dwarven empire was plotted.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>I am awesome.</STRONG>

Yes.  Yes you are.

Such a thing might actually make me want to play elves.  "Giant cave spiders?!  I choose you, Mr. Ruxpin!"