Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 diffrent controllable "creatures" sharing a  (Read 714 times)

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
2 diffrent controllable "creatures" sharing a
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:59:00 am »

Ok this is a modding thing combined with a question thing.

The thing is this, i want to make an ocean fort, in this fort i want to be able to build and work stuff just like usual, but to spice things up i want two kinds of creatures, "Big daddys" and ordinary dwarves. :P The Big Daddy variaty should be like any other dwarf but with the possibility to breath under water (might move a lot slower and be weaker or stronger?) while the other dwarves should work as they currently do. The thing i want to accomplish is what other people are talking about... "Rapture" but i want to be able to seal leaks and build the fort with out problems. Simply buy building stuff under water.

The problem i realised now is that you can't build anything if there is more then 2/7 of water... right? :S So even if the other change is possible they wouldn't be able to build anything anyway? If you cna't change the block rule of water...

This could be done by modding a lungless dwarf and adding it as a pet? if we dissregard for the not being able too build in water rule.

[ April 30, 2008: Message edited by: TheSpaceMan ]

Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: 2 diffrent controllable "creatures" sharing a
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »

Nope.  When you start a fort, you have one controllable creature.  The rest are "simple" creatures and can't do any work.

There was a hack-y method of getting around this before, however.  You'd bring along a pet, get the number of them that you wanted and then remove a specific tag from their creature file.  The creatures of that type could now do hauling, fishing, and hunting.