Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I think it wasn't a very good idea too [ignore?]  (Read 791 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
I think it wasn't a very good idea too [ignore?]
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

[[For the kind of people who wants to change the smelter in all-reaction-making facility but doesn't like this name to stay "smelter", I changed it to be "Amender" instead, so you can imagine this as a kind of magical/alchemy workshop where your dwarves change properties of materials/extract something strange/work with difficult things.

It's just a modified EXE, you don't need to create new world or anything, just play further.
]]

OK I removed exe, it's a big thing of nothing (too large size, too few usefulness).

[ April 29, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: I think it wasn't a very good idea too [ignore?]
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and warn you that this  might  be a bad idea... I say this because Toady One has expressed that he does not want any distributions other than his own, for some very good reasons, such as the fact that donations are his only source of income. You would probably do better taking that link down... besides, the kind of "mod" you have made will eventually be doable in Vanilla DF anyway, and more efficiently.

[ April 29, 2008: Message edited by: PTTG?? ]

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: I think it wasn't a very good idea too [ignore?]
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 12:32:00 am »

OK, I thought that it could be a nice idea... But in vanilla you can't change the name of the smelter. I think I won't post exe's, now I just realized that if everyone will be change something in just plain text (I'm a null in memhacking still), the DFFD will be swarmed with useless files.
Erll, I had nothing to do ad 5 A.M., and made this **** =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository