Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature Token - Help?  (Read 1210 times)

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creature Token - Help?
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

Basically I want to understand what exactly those do

AMBUSHPREDATOR -> Can't be seen till they ambush you?
BENIGN -> Does that make them docile? Even when attacked? Do they wander about? Will they defend themself? Will they turn very aggressive once they kill?
BUILDINGDESTROYER -> They go for buildings , or does it allow them to destroy stuff in their way?
CURIOUSBEAST -> How does this affect them? They will follow stuff intriging, but without going offensive?
NEUTRAL/EVIL/GOOD -> Only affect on wich map they show? Does it affects their behavior? Will Good creature attack?
LARGE_ROAMING/LARGE_PREDATOR -> Predators more aggresive?
MEANDERER -> Random movement? Why mean? Without it, will they go straight for the fortress?
PATTERNFLIER -> How does it differentiate from normal FLIER?

If I want a wandering monster - docile until you get too close - that don't go straight for your fortress... what should I take?

Creature Mod:Wyrms!
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Token - Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 01:08:00 pm »

Most of this is on the Wiki, I suggest you run a search there.

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

I did, but it won't explain all.
Creature Mod:Wyrms!
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Corpze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

Well someone can correct me if these are wrong but here goes:

AMBUSHPREDATOR -> Like giant cave spiders.
BENIGN -> Determines whether creature can show up on "tame" maps (includes elephants), which will generally avoid dwarves, although they may chase and/or attack them if they get too close).
BUILDINGDESTROYER ->Allows a creature to destroy furniture and buildings. (Giant Cave Spiders have this at 1, but most other creatures have it at 2. The difference between these values is unknown.) So 2 for destroy stuff, 1 is unknown at the moment.
CURIOUSBEAST -> I think this makes them steal items/ changes behavior, the wiki says you can add an _ITEM or _GUZZLER for items and alcohol.
NEUTRAL/EVIL/GOOD -> Only affects maps if I recall correctly, all animals attack if provoked EVIL can let goblins use them in sieges.
LARGE_ROAMING/LARGE_PREDATOR -> Predators attack without provocation roaming don't.
MEANDERER -> Means when moving they meander, instead of going straight, will not go straight to fortress.
PATTERNFLIER -> I'm not completely sure but it seems to be on all the flying animal men, might effect there behavior/ make them seem more intelligent, this is the only thing I'm not sure on.

(Most from the wiki, check harder next time.)

[ April 27, 2008: Message edited by: Corpze ]

acrificing Minions: is there any problem it CAN''T solve?