Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I am hoping to get a few mods...  (Read 2275 times)

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
I am hoping to get a few mods...
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:53:17 am »

I was looking for someone to make a few things for me...

Voidstone
A metal that consumes 1 charcoal to smelt and produces 1 voidstone bar and 2 charcoal(bronze mod)

Voidsteel
A metal that consumes 1 charcoal to smelt and produces 1 voidsteel bar and 1 charcoal(iron mod)

Arachnoid
A new civ that is
1. Friendly to dwarfs
2. Produce primarily silk(Giant cave spider)
3. Makes war giant spiders
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am hoping to get a few mods...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:02:32 pm »

A new civ that is
1. Friendly to dwarfs
2. Produce primarily silk(Giant cave spider)
3. Makes war giant spiders

1 mosty based on ethics/worl gen
2 SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING  may help
4 give the civ ,USE_ANY_PET_RACE ,USE_CAVE_ANIMALS ,USE_EVIL_ANIMALS give the gcs TRAINABLE and pet
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 08:11:52 pm »

Friendly Giant Spiders...  >.>

Of all the things...  But yea, just take one of the default spiders... make entities with em, copy and paste the dwarf entity to make it easy and them friendly/compatible.

Delete alot of the jobs/weapons/armors...  Then they'd only make silk and arachnoid clothes.  Unless there are certain other things you want/expect of this spider civilization...

I might do this later tonight for ya if I remember to. 

EDIT:

Entity
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Creature *Don't use this one.*

....  Frell!  No wonder why I have no Giant Cave Spiders!  They gots no children!  And they are only in chasms!

DISCLAIMER: Not tested and little though put into it... so use at own risk.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:01:15 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:00:31 am »

Thanks, Zangi

Now I just someone to make the void-materials, and then... I CELEBRATE A NEW INFINITE RESOURCE!

Just making it clear in here, it consumes only 1 charcoal, nothing else, no ore needed WHATSOEVER.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:44:35 am »

Just making it clear in here, it consumes only 1 charcoal, nothing else, no ore needed WHATSOEVER.

You want to consume 1 charcoal and produce 2.  Why not consume 0 and produce 1 then?  Just leave out the [FUEL] tag and don't use any COAL as a [REAGENT].

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 02:44:52 pm »

Oh yea, just to be clear, the Arachnoids have a lot of jobs taken from em.  They can't metalsmith, at all.  And they can only dig from trading for picks.  Meat Eaters too, so they have no use for veges.
And... yea, otherwise, similar to dwarves in religion and everything else.  May want to look to the religion and naming stuff parts yourself.  Or at least convey if you want something different-ish.

Creature data is copied from Giant Cave Spiders...  Actually...  don't use that.  I forgot to put in a few tags... 

Creature File Redone

Could also add in racial personality traits... like the other sentient races.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 09:31:15 pm »

Would it be possible to give them picks anyway and spawn them in the subterranean cavern? Does that tag allow for no item needed for mining? Make it so they can burrow out, but slower than a dwarf with a pick.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 05:15:29 am »

Would it be possible to give them picks anyway and spawn them in the subterranean cavern? Does that tag allow for no item needed for mining? Make it so they can burrow out, but slower than a dwarf with a pick.

I don't believe there are any creatures with the ability to burrow around... or tags... so from my understanding, its impossible as of now.