Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plant reactions/embark modding questions  (Read 1186 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Plant reactions/embark modding questions
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:45:00 am »

1) If I tried to get any plant from the reaction, I always end with rat weed (plant with RAT_WEED tag). How can I deal with it and why?

2) Is there a way to specify which items will appear in embark screen to choose from?

Thanks in the advance.

[ April 24, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Plant reactions/embark modding questions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

Specifically which items are you referring to? Some can be specified, some depend on chance. And plants and stuff seem to be bugged currently. There's no way to get specific plant or animal related items from a reaction...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:57:00 pm »

There is: every time I recieve the rat weed =).
So I changed the WEED_RAT tag to required plant (it's rock salt crystal for me) and made a new tag WEED_RAT_NEW to return it to the game.
Thank you for the info that it's not me only getting this bug.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Xashikolauk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »

I have a similar question about metals: I've created some new metals that I'd like to be available to dwarves on the embark screen.  Some items(like crossbows) are always available; but I'm having a lot of trouble getting normal weapons like axes to show up.   For instance, one metal will always have it's weapons show up, but a weaker metal almost never. I can exclude metals from showing up using [DEEP], but how do I achieve the opposite results?

It seems like it's somehow related to BLOCK_PERC and DAMAGE_PERC and VALUE, but I've been getting contradictory results modding them(sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't; if it starts working and I change the file, then change it back to the way it was, it seems to stop working sometimes).

Any help with this is appreciated.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 03:03:00 pm »

The best available metal is chosen for melee weapons and ammo, always. If there are several equally powerful metals, they will all be available. No way to limit their embark availability other than DEEP tags.

Edit: You can get SOME specific materials though. I was able to get graphite fiber thread in the minerals mod, that's basically a thread of the graphite fiber plant that doesn't grow anywhere. I doubt you can get the plant itself though. Try using LEAVES, or something...

[ April 24, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India