Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Colored Glass Mod  (Read 1907 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Colored Glass Mod
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »

I've finished it. Time for it's vaunted release:

The Colored Glass mod adds a variety of new gemstones, metals, and reactions to your DF game so you can give your glass fortress a little bit more color. Using real scientific-like processes I've duplicated known recipes for colored glasses. More may be on the way. To use simply make 5 units of raw green glass and smelt it at the smelter with the reagent ingredient to make a rough gemstone of colored glass or crystal. The gemstone can be cut and placed in a gem window for stained glass or it can be further processed into bars (no fuel required) to allow the creation of furniture or ammunition (yes, glass crossbow bolts) Functionality to smelt green, clear, and crystal glass bars is available. If you'd like these metals to be used in other goods, simply add the tags to the relevant matgloss and voila!

NOTE: This mod requires installation of Sean Mirsen's Minerals mod located Here This is due to the fact that Sean's mod allows the smelting of chromium which is a key element in making emerald glass.

Types include:
amber glass (brimstone)
yellow glass (any fluxstone)
blue-green glass (garnierite/nickel)
glow glass (pitchblende}
blue glass (cobaltite)
turquoise glass (malachite)
milky glass (cassiterite)
emerald glass (chromium)
ruby gold glass (gold/native gold)
red glass (copper)
violet crystal (nickel + crystal glass)

Reactions
Metal Matgloss
Gemstone Matgloss

Let me know if there are any bugs and I'll get to work on them right away.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Hague ]

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Colored Glass Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:08:00 pm »

I like how adding Uranium makes it glow.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »

Well, y'see it doesn't actually "glow" it's called that because it glows in UV light, just like real uranium glass

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 01:48:00 am »

I love it!

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »

Thanks, I might update it soon enough.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

Might I suggest removing the "from green" from the reactions? Since you have no other way than use green glass, you might as well leave it at that.

Also, having several minerals named the same is BAD. I think I saw some green and crystal glass "metals" - remove them. When a noble mandates creation of green glass items, you're going to have a hard time guessing which he wanted.

[ March 07, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »

Well, I was going to make clear and crystal glass versions of all the colors. "fine blue glass" "fae glass" (that's uranium glass) and so on. I don't have a problem removing the bars of regular glass. The sole reason they exist is so you don't have your "glass" fortress have some portals and some regular doors.