Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new creature help (cave cow)  (Read 1068 times)

eldar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
new creature help (cave cow)
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:10:00 am »

hey im a complete utter newb when it comes to this so bear with me XD.

anyways, I'm making a new domestic creature clled a cave cow. and i was wondering if and how you make it yeild more milk and cheese. Do you just increase the seven or what?

code:
  [EXTRACT:cave cow's milk:7:0:1]

thx in advance for any help.
opulate my city - http://warcadia.myminicity.com  
increase my city''s industry - http://warcadia.myminicity.com/
"You just haven''t lived until you''ve lau

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: new creature help (cave cow)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:24:00 am »

The numbers at the end control the color.  "7:0:1" is bright white.  There's an article about color on the dwarf fortress wiki, and it's quite handy.

And so far as I know, it is impossible to make a creature yield more milk than otherwise.  However, animals any larger than a purring maggot (or rat, bat, lizard, pixie and so on) cannot be milked, due to the way that milking is handled.  Despite the fact that you can buy milk and cheese that supposedly come from cows and camels, you can't milk any of them yourself.  Just maggots.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: new creature help (cave cow)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:00 am »

A moot point, considering as far as I'm aware, you can only milk Purring Maggots due to some internal bug concerning Milking in general (I believe you need to be able to hold the animal at the same time you milk it, and Purring Maggots are the only ones small enough)

EDIT: Kagus beat me to it. The risible scamp.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Dasleah ]

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.