Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spinal injuries  (Read 1414 times)

Orvelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spinal injuries
« on: March 25, 2008, 04:56:00 am »

So heres the case:

My axe dwarf were hacking a few horses up in a cliff killing em up nicely untill i t attacked one next to a 3 story drop. they both (the dwarf and the horse) both went tumbling down horse dead but my axe dwarf got brown neck damage and brown damages all around his limbs and all..
Later that year the same dwarf went hacking a few stealing monkeys but they hit him back and damaged his lower spine to brown...

i decided to retire him from military back to his woodcutter job after the needed perioid of healing (the monkey made his upper body go red) then it started to feel that he wont budge any more...

so in short: Does multiple brown spinal (Neck, upper/lower spine) damages render him a paralyzed? eternaly doomed to lay on his bed? since this dwarf has both brown neck and brown lower spine damage...

I do know that yellow/red spinal damages do render them immobile for rest of their life (until they starve in their room that is).

[ March 25, 2008: Message edited by: Orvelo ]

[ March 25, 2008: Message edited by: Orvelo ]

Orvelo Mcdworf the unlucky cancels posting: is getting beaten by a skeletal whale.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Spinal injuries
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:25:00 am »

Only a broken lower spine will render a creature immobile until it starves. A broken neck/upper spine will immobilize the creature until it suffocates shortly afterwards.

Multiple brown injuries will cause pain, especially considering that wounds to NERVOUS parts (spines and neck) don't heal. So yes, multiple brown injuries will eventually debilitate the creature.

Also, why's this is Modding?

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Orvelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 05:52:00 am »

ok thanks...
Orvelo Mcdworf the unlucky cancels posting: is getting beaten by a skeletal whale.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

brown spine wounds DO heal in the newer versions, I'm not really sure when it started. I don't know if organ damage heals or not, though.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedToast:
<STRONG>brown spine wounds DO heal in the newer versions, I'm not really sure when it started. I don't know if organ damage heals or not, though.</STRONG>

You sure about that?  I've seen even light gray spinal wounds persist for 8 years or so.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 12:02:00 am »

fairly sure, thought it does not seem to be reliable. I had a military dwarf with a brown spine wound, then looked back later to see them all sparring which they won't do with wounds. I couldn't remember which one was injured to check specifically though.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!