Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Viking (or maybe "mythology") Mod.  (Read 2764 times)

Fenrir

Re: Viking (or maybe "mythology") Mod.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 12:07:00 pm »

A Viking mod? Hmmm...

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »

Yeah, I always associate a war dwarf as having a hammer of some kind, but the tolkienesque take on things associates axes with them (and the royal guard does indeed come with a queen that is competent in using a battle axe).

And I think of my dwarf champions as trying to look like Odin, so go figure!  Menacing with beards and all that.

igless

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperturtle:
<STRONG>Yeah, I always associate a war dwarf as having a hammer of some kind, but the tolkienesque take on things associates axes with them (and the royal guard does indeed come with a queen that is competent in using a battle axe).

And I think of my dwarf champions as trying to look like Odin, so go figure!  Menacing with beards and all that.</STRONG>

Does he only have one eye?

Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 07:09:00 am »

Oh ok, so I haven't had the time to mod anything in a couple of days and it seems like my translation went to hell... but then suddenly when starting a fort i saw the dwarf knullar quakeängel... a really really bad name combination, breading (fucking) quake angel...

Now i got some other problems, and thats connected to å ä and ö. I want to use these in the text, but the default settings don't use å ä and ö as å ä and ö. I am not even sure that the all exist but they turn to something completely different, does anyone know what to use to get a å ä or ö in game (or something that looks similar but isn't quite right. No! a and o won't do it.) ^^

[ March 15, 2008: Message edited by: TheSpaceMan ]

Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?
Pages: 1 [2]