Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Civ trouble  (Read 1983 times)

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Civ trouble
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

[ENTITY:SECLUDED]
   [NAME:questingbeast:questingbeasts:questingbeast]
   [MOUNTAIN_SETTLEMENTs]
   [CREATURE:QUESTINGBEAST]
   [TRANSLATION :DWARF]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

This is the entity I have for my mythical creature the Questingbeast, which I intend to play in Adventure mode. But it doesn't seem to want to have it played. Do I have to create a new world or something?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: New Civ trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:23:00 pm »

Well, first off, the "s" in [MOUNTAIN_SETTLEMENTs] is lowercase, but that probably doesn't do anything.

I'd suggest just taking out the settlements tag out altogether.  It might have a few problems since you're not specifying anything about their civilization, and you can "play now!" as them without it.

Also, yes, you need to create a new world whenever a new creature or entity is added.  Creatures and entities are handled in worldgen, and it won't add in anything later on.  You can make small changes to the existing ones, but can not add or remove any.

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 12:23:00 am »

I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but my new world is taking an unholy amount of time to generate. Right at the AoM generation, it stops.

[ February 16, 2008: Message edited by: Patarak ]

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 01:09:00 am »

Wow. It's been through more than 800 tries. Something is definitely wrong with the new civilization. I removed the Settlements thing, by the way.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 01:12:00 am »

I think that's a bug specific to the new version.  I'm not sure what causes it though.  Try adding more civ data.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 04:45:00 am »

Do you have map rejection logging turned on?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 05:07:00 am »

I don't think the new version can handle entities that don't have any sites on the world.

You could, theoretically, do a workaround. Specify start biome as ALL_MAIN, the default site as CAVE (without any additional likes or tolerates), and set max number of civs to 1, and maximum per-civ and per-site pop to like 10. With any luck, you will end up with a grand total of One settlement on the map, that will be so secluded you would never find it. Unless you would start in the settlement, of course.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India