Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Size Measurement Display, Easy?  (Read 160 times)

Haiphong

• Bay Watcher
  • I... Wot?
    • View Profile
A Size Measurement Display, Easy?
« on: September 04, 2024, 06:37:20 pm »

I think it would be really nice if we could see the actual size of a creature in its Description. I know the game keeps track of it; as I understand in cubic centimeters. "Small" and "Large" are very vague terms. In Vanilla "Large" can refer to anything Human sized or bigger.

Could not a simple function be implemented to display that number somewhere for users to see?
I wouldn't mind too much if it just used that mass or weight measurement like on the Wiki, or if it converted it into some fictional measurement system or whatever. It would help visualize and understand the scale of different creatures in the game.

I hope someone in Development sees this and considers implementation.

ps: I don't actually know how easy or hard it would be. In my experience, an old fashioned Getter should be able to return the value that's already being held in the Object. But I guess we don't use Getters and Setters anymore, so it should be even easier?
But if I'm asking something absurd, I apologize for my entitled demand made in ignorance.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.