Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174]

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 318991 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #2595 on: September 14, 2024, 07:48:41 am »

Super easy to miss tip with that one: Defensive summoning builds (the straw dummy stuff, to start) collects items dropped by enemies they kill and delivers it directly into your coffers. The 100% easiest way to get off the ground is to build up to the limit of the earliest one and just let them cook indefinitely. This will net you piles of money, basic resources, and a smattering of other junk, let you get past the initial money/loot crunch and break into the other stuff going on with the game. The restricted building area for defensive buildings means there's a limit on how much it can help, but it still helps a lot.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 07:50:14 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: September 14, 2024, 08:02:20 am »

The thread and game are old at this point, so I feel like resurrecting them is a bit pointless.

Been replaying Skyrim (Special Edition, since I got that free) on survival mode and the inability to fast travel excluding carriages and boats is making me realise how much unmarked stuff there is in the world. It's actually surprising me, the world's a lot fuller than I'd realised.

Also every time I play I'm reminded of someone in the original thread being amazed that you could shoot down the hawks and immediately think of RDR2 where you can shoot anything that's living, right down to the songbirds. Games came a long way in less than a decade.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: September 15, 2024, 04:03:30 am »

I've been playing skyrim, without any markers in the compass (mod) and without using fast travel (choice) for some years now. The world is beautiful to explore.

If you would like a suggestion, you can try to really walk everywhere while you travel and only use jogging/running while in combat. I found that I liked how distinct every aspect of the game felt that way. On top of that, every inn is about one or two days' worth* of walk from each other so it can add some extra roleplay/worldbuilding if you are into that.

*if you only travel while there is daylight and make camp at night
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: September 16, 2024, 05:47:30 pm »

I don't think I ever fast-traveled when I played Skyrim, but I did sprint a bit (and gallop when on a horse).  I agree that it's amazing how much there is to see in that game world.  All the more impressive considering its age.

There is someone out there on the internet who mapped out every Sykrim river on foot as well, looking for the sources of every river.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: September 18, 2024, 11:35:43 pm »

Elona, a rather eccentric roguelike which had a thread here a while back, is getting a successor called Elin next month. There's a "beta" for Kickstarter supporters which I missed but which is getting good reviews by Elona players. The graphics are pretty, if the original was up your alley it might be worth taking a look next month.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: September 19, 2024, 04:28:38 pm »

Huh. Anyone with Dawn of War 1 or 2 on steam might want to check on it. Seems like they auto-updated them both to the anniversary editions they've released recently, which... includes all the DLC. So if you didn't have the DLC for those two, you apparently do now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2601 on: September 19, 2024, 04:50:25 pm »

I've got the GotY version, which included 3 DLCs. Doesn't look any different in the list.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174]