Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to interact with army on the march?  (Read 2846 times)

Yerland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to interact with army on the march?
« on: December 14, 2023, 03:13:53 pm »

Does anyone know how to interact with armies on the march? I went to a fortress that had an army on the way. Place was too laggy to wait. I did find and kill a random goblin patrol nearby that included a lord consort and some recruits. I went and talked to the fortress and they still said the army was coming.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to interact with army on the march?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 04:26:28 am »

In the past, I've just wandered around and found them en route.  Often they are camped and sleeping.  But I've had some epic battles before.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2024, 10:36:53 am »

There are too many of them, that's the lag. Enemy can run out of morale towards you and run when they see you, eventually. I remember having a massive goblin patrol of maybe at least a hundred of ranged units on pair with melee units. I killed dozens for them to give up.

I think "army on the march" is a generic term of being at war with another nation. Winning one battle won't end it. I remember destroying a dark fortress tediously for hours and eventually a site that was in their holding was having political changes related to their occupying force weakening. I think crippling them even as civilisationless outsider should affect the conflict if enough damage is done.

Heck, I even had an elven forest retreat that lost absolutely every member of their civilisation but didn't become abandoned because that was a massive night troll kidnapping and they can't end civs.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Haiphong

• Bay Watcher
  • I... Wot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 06:05:25 pm »

Similarly, you seem to have the option to rescue citizens but they all (so far that I've seen) just say that they "Have no family to speak of."
And they join you and won't leave :')

If it hasn't been already, I really hope this is one of the things being worked on in the Beta.
Maybe I should just try and recruit a ton of them and form a resistance militia lol.