Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do undead die?  (Read 546 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do undead die?
« on: August 27, 2024, 03:59:53 pm »

The requirements for undead to “die” seem to be all over the place. Sometimes they only die when I cut off their heads, sometimes they die when I cut off any limb, sometimes they die when I “mangle” body parts and sometimes they just die because I hit them, despite none of the above being achieved. How do they even work?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do undead die?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2024, 04:11:36 pm »

They die if their head, upper body, or lower body is mangled or severed. If they are missing any of the those parts they instantly die from any damage.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do undead die?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2024, 04:44:12 pm »

I see, thank you.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.