Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to dump from outside?  (Read 949 times)

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to dump from outside?
« on: July 20, 2024, 05:38:30 pm »

Without the (o)rders menu, how do I tell dwarves to perform dumping jobs outdoors?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to dump from outside?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2024, 05:45:59 pm »

Without the (o)rders menu, how do I tell dwarves to perform dumping jobs outdoors?

Are you asking about dumping items that are outdoors?  If so, I don’t think you can.

Are you asking about dumping items into a garbage dump that is outdoors?  If so, just create the garbage dump outdoors.

Also, I’ve never dumped items from outdoors, so I’m not sure wether enabling the option in the (o)rders menu is enough (or if you have to mark the items for dumping, too)…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2024, 05:54:31 pm »

In old versions, you could designate outdoor items for dumping, then change an option in the o menu, which was NOT the current o menu. DF50 has o open what used to be opened by m, the job manager. Orders was a different menu with lots of global rules for your dwarves tofollow, one of which was "dwarves dump from outdoors." It was off by default, because nobody wants them dragging every single corpse out there into your stocks. But if you just designated, say, a big heap of rock from a recent channeling project, it was useful.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2024, 06:00:35 pm »

There are options in the standing orders tab

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2024, 08:46:33 am »

standing orders, refuse and hauling tab, 'dwarves haul refuse from outside'

then you designate items for dumping as normal, making sure you have an appropriate dump zone next to an empty ledge

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2024, 05:34:00 pm »

Where is the standing orders tab?

Edit: nvm, found it